Drugs are chemicals that affect the body and brain, different lands of drugs can have different effects, some effects of drugs include health consequences that are long lasting and permanent, They can continue a person has stopped taking the substance .
The taking of drugs regularly without direction could lead to abuse or Addiction, at this stage the addict can’t go a day without taking these harmful substance all in the Name of ”HIGHNESS” and ”STIMULATION’.
Most of these drugs could be taken through; injection or inhalation and some of these drugs are cocaine, indian hemp, tobbaco, hallunogens, vegas and mostly tramadol
THE DANGERS ASSOCIATED WITH DRUGS ABUSE ARE MANY BUT A FEW WILL BE NOTED
(1) it could weaken the immune system thereby leading to the penetration of illness and diseases into the body system.
(2) it lead to memory loss, inability to pay proper attention thereby leading to poor decision making daily living more difficult.
(3) it lead to the loss of Self control as a result of highness gotten from drugs like marijuana, cocaine, tramadol etc.
(4) it leads to seizures, stroke, mental confusion and brain damages.
Furthermore, a drug addict is liable to loss a good reputation thereby tarnishing the family name of the addict in the society, moreover, there’s no doubt that the final result involved in the taking of this drugs could be death.
Therefore, in order not to create hoodlums in the society and to curb this manace, I suggest the following measures should be taken.
(1) there should be drug enlightenment on the dangers of taking this drugs because, most of the youths are ignorant of the aforementioned dangers.
(2) Any pharmacy caught in the act of selling illicit/illegal drugs should be arrested and detained.
(3) Anyone seen taking these drug too should also be arrested in order to serve as an example to other fellows.
Furthermore, the national drug law enforcement agency [N D L E A] and other drug agencies should be proactive in their duties and ensure that the dissemination of illicit drugs are avoided.
Lastly, As the saying goes ”an idle man is the devils workshop” employment opportunities for the youth should be created by the government in order to pave way for youth idleness and get the usage of hard drugs off their mind, because I believe if there is a job opportunities for the youths in rural area they we not abuse drugs.
Written by Egbe Buduzhi
For EKPEYE TV © 20219